On Nov 14, 2013, at 11:48 PM, Thijs Schreijer <thijs@thijsschreijer.nl> wrote:

> Drop the rockspec next to the makefile. I think the LR command would be either 'make' or 'build'.
> (debugging some LR stuff, so my current LR install is broken and I can't test it)

To make sure I am understanding this are these the correct steps?
Download luasocket from https://github.com/diegonehab/luasocket as a zip
unzip it in a directory (where should this directory be?)
place luasocket-2.0.2-6.rockspec in the same directory
run luarocks build luasocket-2.0.2-6.rockspec

I take it this will build from the local file susing the instructions in the rocspec

I appreciate your advice BTW