On Tue, Oct 15, 2013 at 2:28 PM, Thomas Jericke <tjericke@indel.ch> wrote:
> For me as computer scientiest, this is indeed not a problem. But in our
> project we want to push Lua as alternative for non-experts.

Then in your documentation and training material, emphasize basic
no-nonsense Lua style. (Including 'if obj != NULL' etc)

No problem if beginners don't use the shortest possible code -
programming is not golf ;)

As long as they know about indentation (and there are some
pretty-printing Lua scripts out there). Otherwise, I find it hard to
read code.  Maybe Guido had a point?