Am 14.10.2013 10:32, schrieb steve donovan:
On Mon, Oct 14, 2013 at 10:23 AM, Thomas Jericke <tjericke@indel.ch> wrote:
I think it could be a to high performance hit to have a metamethod lookup on
each and every condition or logical expression of a program.

True, plus making programs even more confusing...

Well, a __tobool metamethod would just be a typecast, like __tostring.

I'm certainly not feverish about this, but for consistency's sake, I think it would be nice to have either -- or none. ;-)

Best regards,
Carsten

--
Dipl.-Inf. Carsten Fuchs

Carsten Fuchs Software
Industriegebiet 3, c/o Rofu, 55768 Hoppstädten-Weiersbach, Germany
Internet: http://www.cafu.de | E-Mail: info@cafu.de

Cafu - the open-source game and graphics engine for multiplayer 3D action