> I've been using a system with Ubuntu 12.04 LTS and 4GB. Lua 5.2 was installed from official Ubuntu repository.
> [...]
>
> Anyone knows or have an idea that could help me?
> Is there a way to compile Lua with a maximum of speed and totally for 64 bits?

Did you run some simple benchmarks on both platforms to see whether
the difference persists? You could try things like these:

lim = 10000000  << to be adjusted
for i = 1, lim do local a = math.sin(i) end
for i = 1, lim do local a = {} end

That can give us a better idea whether the difference is in Lua itself
or some external library (e.g., malloc).

-- Roberto