On Mon, Oct 14, 2013 at 10:23 AM, Thomas Jericke <tjericke@indel.ch> wrote:
> I think it could be a to high performance hit to have a metamethod lookup on
> each and every condition or logical expression of a program.

True, plus making programs even more confusing...

What I'd like to see in Lua 6 would be a fast function-exit hook for
RAII.  Grab a resource, resource is guaranteed to be disposed when
function ends, whether by usual return or error.

Interactions with GC would be ... interesting however, since Lua does
not do ref-counting.  So these would be objects which are not
shareable.