On 15/10/2013 00:24, Paul Merrell wrote:
Picking nits in the nit-picking: that isn't properly a matter of
"typography" but rather of literary writing style.

Well, that's an information I saw on several manuals of typography, which indeed go as far as indicating proper abbreviations for "monsieur, docteur, monseigneur" and such (French manuals, yes...) and so on, so, yes, they step a bit on "writing style", for consistency sake; ie. these are not about style, but rather about conventions.

And indeed, we should stop this off-topic part now. :-D (I wondered if I should make yet another remark against LUA, did that only because I had something to say on the topic itself...)

--
Philippe Lhoste
--  (near) Paris -- France