On Wed, Sep 25, 2013 at 10:17 AM, Hisham <h@hisham.hm> wrote:
> If anything in the above description is not clear enough, please let
> us know.

looking at it less than a minute, seems to use "the
good old configure-make-make-install sequence", but without reading
the makefile (which is seldom readable, especially if using
configure), i don't know how many binary files it makes, how are
named, if there's any module hierarchy, so on.

so, no.  in this case it is _not_ clear enough.

"readable installation instructions", for me could be:

A: "configure; make; make install"

that's acceptable.  sometimes i don't do "make install" immediately;
after "make" i try to check what would happen on install.  not really
easy, but i consider it's my own choice to do the hard way.

B: "make, then put bump.lua and the "mole" directory on your Lua path,
and the binary modules foo, bar and blech in your CPATH"

this is _much_ better, since i know what goes where even before downloading.

--
Javier