On Mon, Aug 12, 2013 at 4:07 PM, Javier Guerra Giraldez <javier@guerrag.com> wrote:
I don't get it.  at first your post seems to agree that not everybody
has to prefer MoonScript to real Lua, just that there's a specific
niche where it could be better.  Ok, that's arguable.  But then the
whole article goes to describe all of MoonScript.

Yes, even when writing it I felt that it was disorganized.  I think it's actually two separate posts, one about alternative notation for Lua and the other about how Moonscript did not _actually_ need a class construct. Clearly these posts have little to do with each other ;)

'palatable' to those that doesn't know it.  still, i do want to get
what you're proposing before making an opinion on that specific point)

At the core, there is a modest proposal; that a Lua user could profitably learn Moonscript as a more expressive Lua REPL.  For that, they would not actually have to learn much at all.  It's like the curious duality between 'good language' and 'good command shell'.  If I was doing live music with Lua, then a Moonscript REPL would be useful; ditto for something like pbLua, where an hypothetical REPL could translate MS to Lua and push it up to the device.