On Friday, July 19, 2013, Coda Highland wrote:
On Fri, Jul 19, 2013 at 3:57 PM, Timothy Hunter <rmagick@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jul 19, 2013, at 5:23 PM, petah <lua@laufenberg.ch> wrote:
>
>> All I know is the current situation is untenable.
>
> All I know is that it takes me just a few minutes a day to process all the posts on this list. I'm pretty aggressive with the Mark As Read keyboard shortcut. I never delete posts, so if I overlook something I can always find it later.

 I delete pretty much everything. There's always the archives if you
need to look something up. Any good mail client can handle the
threading, so a few hyperactive threads don't bog down everything
else.

/s/ Adam

I am sincerely lost on this issue. Unless your mail client is elderly, I can't imagine ignoring a thread to be anything more than a single keyboard shortcut.

But I don't wish to sound insincere, when claiming the opposite.

What am I missing? What is approved conversation? How should we behave and what is taboo conversation?

That said, I wouldn't care if there were two lists, as long as I could subscribe to both and one wasn't relegated to getto status.

-Andre