Tim Mensch <tim-lua-l@bitgems.com> writes:
> The complaint was that people, for better or worse, use the
> benchmark game (which ranks very high in Google searches for many
> language benchmarks) to choose between languages, and by removing it
> didn't show the full potential of Lua any more. If you've seen the
> LuaJIT performance data on luajit.org, then you know that LuaJIT
> exists and that it's really fast. But to someone unfamiliar with
> Lua, it doesn't stand out as over-the-top awesome any more.

Even "standard" Lua was way faster than standard python or
(especially) standard ruby tho, which are likely to be some of its
main competitors...

[I'm not sure if there _is_ a standard javascript, so I imagine they
had to delete it from the game entirely, right?]

-miles

--
"Though they may have different meanings, the cries of 'Yeeeee-haw!' and
 'Allahu akbar!' are, in spirit, not actually all that different."