Am 28.04.2013 22:06 schröbte Paul Hudson:
[...]

No, it doesn't. But you  - like others in this thread - seem to be
assuming it's StackOverflow XOR mailing-list, and it's not. It's
Stackoverflow AND mailing-liust

That's because usually you do use one *or* the other. That's the whole point: to restrict lua-l to "announcements and discussions about the design and future of Lua". One instance I can remember, where someone posted a question to stackoverflow *and* to this list was:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/15701694/lua-io-read-sends-me-an-echo-back-when-i-read-from-serial-port-why

There are 5 answers from this list, and one answer (by lhf who does an admirable job over there) on stackoverflow. The stackoverflow site has 71 page views at the moment and at least four of those are mine. I used to scan the Lua questions on stackoverflow, but half of those seem to be about some Corona SDK (which either is very popular or very difficult to use ...).

So I'm happy about stackoverflow, because that's where you can post Corona questions, but for the rest I'd prefer to stick to lua-l.

Philipp