StackOverFlow is great if you are already a great programmer, just running some search on Google would lead you to list of StackOverFlow solutions. But when it comes to nurturing a would-be programmer, mailing list is still the best. It is like a virtual class with some many teachers, and you are likely to get real help. And if you pay close attention to mailing list, which is not score based, you are going to get concise answers. And when it comes to discussing concepts, mailing list has no rival.

Why should we go to StackOverFlow? I see no need for this because we have Google, and with that engine StackOverFlow solutions are just some seconds away. I have learnt some really great concept here by just lurking.