You should be very careful before diagnosing a mental condition from email. In other words, don't...

On 28 Apr 2013 19:10, "Greg Lewin" <greg.lewin@gmail.com> wrote:

On 28 April 2013 19:00, Coda Highland <chighland@gmail.com> wrote:
On Sun, Apr 28, 2013 at 10:35 AM, Greg Lewin <greg.lewin@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 28 April 2013 18:25, Coda Highland <chighland@gmail.com> wrote:

>> > well, your last line wrt maturity could be seen as ad hominem in itself.
>> >
>> > But more importantly, he is making major claims and being quite
>> > immoderate
>> > in his language in doing so (and showing clear signs of a manic state).
>> >
>> > afaics there are two main categories of troll - the malicious and the
>> > ill; I
>> > am merely pointing out that he looks very like the second variety,
>> > recognising that may save time in the long run, and I don't see much
>> > point
>> > in pretending otherwise.
>> >
>> > I don't see why anyone needs to be patient with or polite to the
>> > malicious
>> > sort, for that matter.
>> >
>> > (I did not realize I was coming through large, my apologies).
>>
>> (You're stil coming through quite large, looks like about 18pt.)
>>
>> No one ever said you have to be patient or polite to malicious
>> individuals, but it's rather immature to go out of one's way to deride
>> someone (for any reason!) on a development mailing list.
>>
>> /s/ Adam
>>

> it's not derision (that is your view); it is recognition.
>
> https://www.google.com/search?q=%0D%0Amanic%20state

It's still an ad hominem attack, focusing on a (perceived or
otherwise) flaw in the individual instead of discussing the points of
the topic at hand.

/s/ Adam

I guess you still don't understand. The fact that he is in a manic state is very relevant to the scope of claims he has made earlier.

I have to hit the road now, will not be online for a while.