2013/4/9 steve donovan <steve.j.donovan@gmail.com>:

> Somebody out there really likes _ENV!  Not my personal cup of strong
> caffeinated beverage, but to each their own...

Your first upvalue is the current global table, unless you don't need it.
A name is reserved for it. Crystal-clear logic.

Being someone whose first language never was Lua 5.1 (I converted to
Luanity in November 2011, when 5.2 was already beta), I've never written
any Lua code that calls setfenv/getfenv. They feel like curious kludges
to me :-)