Hi Steve,

On 20 Mar 2013, at 15:10, steve donovan <steve.j.donovan@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 10:06 AM, Gary V. Vaughan <gary@vaughan.pe> wrote:
>> I am happy to announce the release of Specl 3,
>> Behaviour Driven Development for Lua.
>
> BDD sounds like a fantastic buzzword, but what exactly does it mean,
> and what does it look like in Lua?

Ah, good point.  I had less cryptic announcements for the first two releases
but posted them to the list from a different email address, where they fell
into a black hole, and never reached the list.

Much, much more context (no RSpec knowledge assumed) at the website:

  https://github.com/gvvaughan/specl  (scroll down for README contents)

Specl is somewhat like Busted or Telescope in it's approach, but uses the
(IMHO) much more readable YAML format (with embedded Lua snippets) for its
specification files.

Wikipedia is quite comprehensive at explaining BDD:

  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Behavior_Driven_Development

Essentially, Specl is to Lua as RSpec is to Ruby.

Cheers,
--
Gary V. Vaughan (gary AT vaughan DOT pe)