On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 1:13 PM, Ryan Pusztai <rpusztai@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 12:41 PM, Paul K <paulclinger@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>> > It would be most cool (for instance) if wxLua could be made 5.2
>> > compatible. (I must agree that it's hard to target GTK during the
>> > transition, and wxWidgets works with native platforms better)
>>
>> I second Steve's proposal because it has a well defined scope and is
>> achievable in the time frame the students have.
>

> +1 for updates to wxLua. That sounds like a great fit for GSoC.
> I would add that there is now a CMake build system in wxLua, but does
> LuaDist support that? And if not could it be added to the list of work.

There's not enough there for a student to do. I just spent about two
hours and got it to build and work with 5.2. It will take another few
hours to sync back the changes so wxLua will work with 5.1 and 5.2.

wxLua really just needs people to do a lot of boring tasks, RPM spec,
debian package, and the always tedious maintenance of the bindings. I
feel it would be very unkind to saddle a young inspired student with
these mundane tasks, though maybe I'm wrong, it would teach patience.
Other ideas are welcome though.

Regards,
    John