On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 11:22 PM, marbux <marbux@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2. I'd like to see some work on LuaRocks. Hisham has been working on
> improving its embeddability, albeit he says it's slow progress because
> of other commitments.  But I think it also needs some serious work to
> be made more lay-user friendly for installation and use in the
> embedded context (conceivably for stand-alone use too). E.g.,

On the subject of LuaRocks, I miss something like python's virtualenv
[1] + virtualenvwrapper [2]. While LuaRocks does have support for
multiple trees (which is great!), I find it to be a PITA to manage
different trees accross different projects, especially when also
dealing with different interpreters (e.g. 5.1 vs 5.2 vs LuaJIT2). It
would be great to have a cross-platform (if possible) set of scripts
that help dealing with path, interpreter and luarocks trees.

I'm not sure if it's technically challenging enough for GSoC, though.

[1] http://www.virtualenv.org/en/1.9.X/#id4
[2] https://bitbucket.org/dhellmann/virtualenvwrapper

--
NI!