On Dec 3, 2012, at 18:46, Karl Park <karl.park@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am new to this list, so my apologies if the same question was asked.
> (couldn't find a way to do some search on archived messages)
>
> I have been trying to learn about the lua itself (the implementation of the language), and I quickly found out that I am not productive on terminal using gdb and emacs.
>
> So, I was wondering how to set up development environment/tools etc (I am on Mac OS X) as you work on the language itself.
>
> Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thank you,
> -Karl

Karl,

All of the cool kids around my office switched me from Textmate (now
open sourced and unfortunately very broken) to Sublime, which works
nice.

Out of the shoot, it didn't do live checking or building until I hard
coded the lua path in the "lua dev" package, but since then I've never
been more comfortable. It feels like a pretty productive new home.

And it works well with LaTeX, too.

-Andrew Starks