On Tue, Dec 4, 2012 at 8:37 PM, Dirk Laurie <dirk.laurie@gmail.com> wrote:
2012/12/4 Marc Balmer <marc@msys.ch>:

> this is bogus and wrong on so many levels.

> there are 109'242 digital glyphs (codepoints) defined and
> what you offer here is just a poor and limited subset.
> totally useless.

Bogus, wrong, poor, limited, useless.

Nobody needs more than a poor and limited subset. The actual
subset varies according to context, granted.

Bogus, wrong, poor, limited, useless.

It should be quite obvious to a competent Lua programmer
how to adapt the basic methodology to the needs of his/her
particular situation.

Bogus, wrong, poor, limited, useless.

I work with text that was originally composed in ISO8859-1 or Windows
1252 and brutally translated by iconv.  My original
comment said "this is what I do".  I find it useful for, as I said,
"key generation, indexing, alphabetic sorting etc ".

> Actually you deserve a U+1F44A for this ;)

In the font used by my e-mail reader, which by the way has
no problems in displaying Chinese, Korean and Arabic,
I just get a rectangle containing the six digits, so I cannot
grasp the doubtless brilliant import of the remark.

Bogus, wrong, poor, limited, useless.

Hi Dirk,

brilliant answer - I'll bookmark it as soon as it appears on the archives.
I sometimes have to handle these kinds of trolls too, it's VERY annoying.
  Cheers,
    Eduardo Ochs
    eduardoochs@gmail.com
    http://angg.twu.net/#eev