On 04/12/2012 13:46, spir wrote:
On 04/12/2012 01:45, Karl Park wrote:
I am new to this list, so my apologies if the same question was asked.
(couldn't find a way to do some search on archived messages)

I have been trying to learn about the lua itself (the implementation of the
language), and I quickly found out that I am not productive on terminal
using gdb and emacs.

So, I was wondering how to set up development environment/tools etc (I am
on Mac OS X) as you work on the language itself.

If you want a heavy IDE with complex features, probably some thing like Eclipse would do
the job. For a lighter but efficient programming editor, i'd recommand geany (it's only
drawback if language-specific settings are done via edition non-travially organised config
files). I have not checked for OSX, but since it's cross-platforms and works on Linux,
probably there is no issue. For your usage, it has builtin support of Lua & C, indeed.

Is Geany allowing to debug C code as well?

From what I have heard, Xcode is more or less the standard IDE to code in Mac OS X.

--
Philippe Lhoste
--  (near) Paris -- France