Hi Denis,

Thank you for your reply. I will check out geany.

Maybe I am spoiled by the conveniences offerred by IDEs like xcode, visual studio etc.

I work on a quite big c++(thus xcode) project that embeds Lua and lua scripts.
(we use in-house developed lua debugger to debug lua code)
In this xcode project, if I wanted I can focus on the lua itself.

But as I poke in the lua itself, with simple lua scripts, running within gdb on terminal,
and having to visit some .c, .h files with emacs, moving up and down the frames, examining the variables etc, I just got to miss the convenience some IDE offerred.

And my thought was that, since there are authors of Lua, they must be doing more efficiently than I was doing, and I hoped I could learn and see how efficiently they were debugging/inspecting lua in itself.

As I write this, what I think I could do is, to create a simple c/c++ (xcode) project that embeds some lua script in it, and start digging on Lua.

I will see how far I can go on this approach as well.

Regards,
-Karl