Am 12.11.2012 um 19:42 schrieb William C. Bubel <wcbubel@gmail.com>:

> On 11/11/2012 09:28 AM, Marc Balmer wrote:
>> We are just minutes away from proposing the "Obfuscated Lua Contest" (and I assume you know about the "Obfuscated C Contest" ;)
>
> Have a look at this obfuscated code:
> http://www.corsix.org/content/worst-lua-hello-world-youll-ever-see
>
> There's shorter solutions, considering that if you had the _ENV or _G
> table, and "char", it would be possible to construct the string
> "loadstring" using the string metatable to get at the function "char",
> and then produce characters by taking the length operator of arbitrary
> strings. (see this post on reddit:
> http://www.reddit.com/r/lua/comments/10f5pw/smallest_path_to_obfuscating_lua_code/
> ).
>
> So the answer is: The obfuscated lua contest is on.

We need rules.  And contest sections.
like, e.g.

best abuse of Lua bytecode
best abuse of the C API
etc.

Suggestions?

And a deadline for submissions.  Since we just passed 10.11.12 13:14:15, hwo about 11.12.13 14:15:16 ?

Ok, that is more than one year ahead, a date within the next three months would be nicer.