Hi,

I just discovered an interesting Lua syntax feature.
Provided you define that simple function :

  function _() return _ end

The following code actually compiles and executes without error :

  _() ()

You can of course pass dummy arguments to _ function :

  _(___)(_,_)

And since you can omit parentheses on functions calls with table constructors and literal strings:

  _{} "" '' [[  ]]

You should be able to draw beautiful Lua program in ASCII Art.

       _(
      _)()
     {".."}
    (_,{}){}

The main problem being that I have always be very bad for drawing :-(

--
-- Patrick Rapin
-- coauthor of "Le guide de Lua et ses applications", D-BookeR