On 11/11/2012 09:28 AM, Marc Balmer wrote:
> We are just minutes away from proposing the "Obfuscated Lua Contest" (and I assume you know about the "Obfuscated C Contest" ;)

Have a look at this obfuscated code:
http://www.corsix.org/content/worst-lua-hello-world-youll-ever-see

There's shorter solutions, considering that if you had the _ENV or _G
table, and "char", it would be possible to construct the string
"loadstring" using the string metatable to get at the function "char",
and then produce characters by taking the length operator of arbitrary
strings. (see this post on reddit:
http://www.reddit.com/r/lua/comments/10f5pw/smallest_path_to_obfuscating_lua_code/
).

So the answer is: The obfuscated lua contest is on.