Hi Javier,

> yep, it launches! and it shows the tutorial docs, links work, etc.

This is a good start ;)

>  - there's no menubar.  only the same icon buttons as the examples
> plus a "jump to function definition" popup menu
>  - after trying to run a demo, the editor window floats on top of any
> other window.

This is strange; I haven't seen this on MacOS (and definitely not on
windows). Will need to find a linux box.

> Lua: Error while running chunk
> src/editor/commands.lua:499: wxLua: Unable to call an unknown method
> 'ShowFullScreen' on a 'wxFrame' type.

It seems like that port may not have that function. I added a check
for that to call it under pcall. Will check the changes in later
today.

> ./turtle.lua:338: wxLua: Expected an 'unsigned integer' for parameter
> 1, but got a 'number'.
> Function called: 'wxMilliSleep(number)'
> 01. wxMilliSleep(integer)

I noticed the same thing when I was testing new binaries for 2.8.12.
Reported yesterday:
http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.wxwidgets.wxlua.user/3037

> this seems a (design?) glitch of wxLua, changing that line from

yes, I can apply the same fix you did, but it does seem like something
that can be fixed in wxLua as it behaved as expected in earlier
versions.

I'd be curious to see if the debugging works. Just hit Start Debugging
on any simple script and see if you can step through it. I'll probably
open a ticket on github for this and move some of this info there.

We should probably get off the list if it gets too technical. Thank
you for your help!

Paul.