When I need a close reading of a complex manual or academic paper, I
often convert its format into an active web tree or outline for my
personal use, using my own software.  In case it may be useful to
others, I have contacted the Lua team and offered to make it available on-line.

Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo agreed I could include it with other outlined manuals
on my website.  The copyright to the text remains, of course, with lua.org,and my
out-liner is open source GPL'd.

You can access it athttp://www.rodericksmith.plus.com/outlines/manuals/luaManual.tree.html.
The manuals directory above contains some other outlines.

[I've corrected a minor error in the file since I sent it to Luiz]

Regards from

Rod Smith

rod@rodericksmith.plus.com
http://www.rodericksmith.plus.com