On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 07:58:20AM -0400, Leo Razoumov wrote:
> On Mon, May 21, 2012 at 3:30 PM, Marc Balmer <marc@msys.ch> wrote:
> >
> > Sad...
> >
> > (and yes, I will not participate in the even, because it is held in the US, a country that does not respect minimal rights of persons)
> >

> Marc,
> I would kindly ask you to reconsider.

I think we should all give it a rest.  Some of us feel strongly about
visiting the US, others do not.  Saying "I don't want to go to the US"
or "You should not not want to go to the US" is not a productive use of
bandwidth.

I would request that people try not to urge those unwilling to make the
trip (either for politcal reasons or any other).

(For the sake of balance, I am still undecided if I want to go, and the
UK's immegration and border control is as bad as the US's so I'm on
uneasy ground to try to make a point, so I won't.)

B.