On 2012-04-17 15:26, Roberto Ierusalimschy wrote:
While you're at it: Lua uses a variant of the MIT license, not the
MIT/X11 license. There's a difference. I've made that mistake
before. A discussion is somewhere in the mailing list archives.

I've decided to refer to it as the MIT license and link to:
  http://www.opensource.org/licenses/mit-license.php

Since Lua 5.0 (2003) we have adopted the MIT license, not a variant. If there is any difference, we should correct it. I just compared the text in that link with the Lua license, and did not see any difference. Could
you point out what it is?

He is probably referring to the difference between the MIT/Expat (used by
Lua and on the OSI site) and the more popular MIT/X11 variant.

See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MIT_License#Various_versions for more
information about the difference.

--
Pierre Chapuis