steve donovan wrote:
> Yes, a tool for static linking is potentially a minefield. I'm going
> to very careful about this, because respect for licenses is part of
> the core open source ethos. (and it can get you into trouble) (Oh, and
> actually stick a proper MIT/X11 license on the thing ;))

While you're at it: Lua uses a variant of the MIT license, not the
MIT/X11 license. There's a difference. I've made that mistake
before. A discussion is somewhere in the mailing list archives.

I've decided to refer to it as the MIT license and link to:
  http://www.opensource.org/licenses/mit-license.php

--Mike