On Fri, Apr 13, 2012 at 10:08:49AM -0400, AllanPfalzgraf@eaton.com wrote:
> This is an interesting question for my use of Lua.
>
> I've built a scripting front end for a purchased, non-GPL, Ethernet/IP
> stack.  The stack cannot be freely distributed in source form by its
> license.
> So long as the lib is only used within my company there is not an issue.
> Sharing could be done with the GPL portion of the library with a text
> file informing the would be user where to get the key part that makes it
> worthwhile.  Would anyone really be interested in such a crippled part
> of a library?

That is not so uncommon. Debian as an entire section of the archive
called "contrib" for stuff that is free but that really needs something
non free to be useful. In particular your module will be useful to every
other customer of the same proprietary network stack.

But we killed this thread, didn't we?

Cheers
--
Enrico Tassi