Lubyk, Rubyk, also antirez's load81.

I still remember typing this on my Apple ][

HGR
10 LINE 10,10 TO 20,20

nice. I had the bottom 4-5 lines for coding, and the top for graphics :)

I've been very curious about live coding in any way possible.

There is just one missing piece for me in Lua for much better live coding: individual function recompilation. e.g. while you are in the function body (say in emacs) and you recompile just this, or evaluate just one expression. I got lucky with Common Lisp on that one, but then again unlucky with other things especially diet, and ... bracket acceptance... Come on, it's sexy with the bracket!

Anyway anything that brings me closer and closer to the machine without requiring me to recompile, and still run pretty fast is good :)

Wondering whether the Common-Lisp package system would make sense in Lua.. So instead of having local functions/variables, they would also get exposed but not automatically imported as symbols, when used by another file... But then this would mean that every file, or a bunch of file must live in some kind of packaging... and we back on the naming things problem...