I wouldn't argue "they are much faster", I'd argue in some cases they
are much easier to code, and IMHO those cases are going to become a
majority of our goals in the years to come.

However, like many, the real functional thing is just too much, since
you must code/understand things from inside to outside, than the other
way around. I'd lean to a clever hybrid, and thats why by yet
superficial exploration I say Yay(!) to Luerl.