> This bug occurs because David mixed two different lua vm,  lua use a
> dummynode in ltable.c, and many LUAI_DDEF objects. So if this objects
> are all in G(L), the mix of different lua will not cause crash, Any
> discuss about this topic?

Yes (although I cannot find a link right now). Some people argue that,
as two different VMs is wrong, we should not try to disguise the
symptoms. Lua 5.2 has a verification system that should raise an
error as soon as any library with a wrong VM is loaded.

(Oops, except that there seems to be a little bug there. The check
is only being done in a deprecated function ;)

-- Roberto