On 16 February 2012 16:13, marbux <marbux@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 9:27 AM, Daurnimator <quae@daurnimator.com> wrote:
>> Noticed you're notably missing tokyotyrant from the database section.
>
> Yup. Do you happen to know where this project is located. I've found
> lots of information about TokyoTyrant and TokyoCabinet but Google is
> being unfriendly today. (Or maybe I should have gone to bed hours ago.
> :-)

http://fallabs.com/
Many of the products use lua as a scripting language; as well as
providing bindings to use them from a lua applications.

>> Also I think it would be a good idea to add a section for application
>> fully written in lua; ie, applications that are run with the
>> lua/luajit executable.
>> eg: prosody, luarocks
>
> I'm willing to add such a section but don't feel competent to write
> its content because of my tunnel vision view of Lua through the
> NoteCase Pro lens. So if anyone's interested in writing that part,
> I'll gladly include it. Otherwise, I think it would require too much
> study on my part.

I think doing a quick filter over the packages requiring
lua(40/5.1/52) in debian (or any other big package repository) (and
there's not many!) and removing ones that use lua for
configuration/shell scripting like tasks should result in an adequate
list.
As a note; this list will be quite small; I'm hoping developers will
use lua as an application writing language more often!