Jay Carlson <nop@nop.com> writes:
> I imagine it already has in non-byte locales. A Korean Lua program will not
> use libraries from a Greek one. Unless everybody is already using
> UTF-8--with no sanity checking.

Of course everybody's just using UTF-8 with no sanity checking...

[_real_ "unicode support" is hideously expensive (the size of those
tables...), and it's really kind of hard to say how you could get
anything like it into Lua without completely ruining its "Luaness"...]

-miles

--
Infancy, n. The period of our lives when, according to Wordsworth, 'Heaven
lies about us.' The world begins lying about us pretty soon afterward.