On Thu, Feb 2, 2012 at 4:33 PM, Petite Abeille <petite.abeille@gmail.com> wrote:

>> constructive suggestions on what you miss
>> most in Lua and would like to see implemented

> From a language/syntax perspective? And/or from an ecosystem >perspective (e.g. libraries/bindings/distributions/etc)?

>From ANY perspective.

Personally, what I miss most a standardized set of libraries. I know
that I can still find most of what I need in terms of libraries, but I
have to search for it, because lots and lots of libraries are
scattered everywhere over the Internet.
On top of my Lua wishlist is: a centralized, all-inclusive repository
of Lua libraries (at least, all the code would be found searching one
website).
The second step would be: choosing the most important projects,
standardizing the best libraries, and making them (semi) official. By
this I mean making distributing them together with the official Lua
distribution (downloadable as a separate archive, of course, but still
part of the distribution).
This would help in many ways.