Maybe this is too much but I've enjoyed messing with "libtask":

http://swtch.com/libtask/

I've used this in conjunction with lua for some non-serious tinkering. You'd get channels and some networking code with this too. I believe Zed Shaw uses pieces of libtask (not my code) in his Mongrel2 server.

-joe