[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- Subject: Re: Can someone sell Lua 5.2.0 to me please ?
- From: Joshua Jensen <josh.jjensen@...>
- Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2011 09:08:46 -0700
----- Original Message -----
From: steve donovan
Date: 12/17/2011 7:51 AM
On Sat, Dec 17, 2011 at 2:47 PM, Jeff Smith<email@example.com> wrote:
1) Improve speed of compilation to Lua byte code
2) Improve speed of execution of bytecode
5) Restoration of old Lua feature where it used to be Endianism agnostic
I suspect that 5 makes 2 harder...
Why do you suppose?
I have been using Lua 5.1 with an endian detection and conversion of the
loaded bytecode for a long time. I am able to write out bytecode on a
Windows or Mac during an asset build and have it load  and run on
Windows, iPad, iPhone, Xbox 360, PS3, and Wii.
I understand that all bytecode is not portable everywhere, but I listed
a good number of platforms above. Having a simple endian conversion
feature in Lua is useful.