On Sat, Dec 17, 2011 at 2:47 PM, Jeff Smith <spammealot1@live.co.uk> wrote:
> 1)  Improve speed of compilation to Lua byte code
> 2)  Improve speed of execution of bytecode
> 5)  Restoration of old Lua feature where it used to be Endianism agnostic

I suspect that 5 makes 2 harder...

> 4)  Add the convenience construt of   x += 123  (and other similar
> operators)
> 6)  I dont like long if else blocks, so a select case construct would have
> been nice  IMHO.

Well, then MoonScript may satisfy you there, since it provides both.
For a slow CPU you would be translating MS to Lua on a bigger machine,
and probably can do the Lua bytecode compilation likewise (hence your
(5) request)

Although MS is Lua 5.1 based, I don't think it would be too difficult
to make it 5.2 compliant - and then it can use goto to provide a
continue statement.

The improvements to GC could be worth investigating for your CPU,
especially things like emergency garbage collection.

steve d.