[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- Subject: Mysterious character "Â" in message archive
- From: Dirk Laurie <dirk.laurie@...>
- Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2011 07:42:12 +0200
When following some of the very helpful links to the message archive
posted by friendly and experienced people, for example
the character known as 'LATIN CAPITAL LETTER A WITH CIRCUMFLEX'
(U+00C2) often appears. Examining the page source reveals that it is
encoded in HTML as "Â".
1. Is there a version of the archive somewhere that contains the
messages in original mbox format?
2. Could that represent some legitimate character in the original?
3. Is there a way that this character could inadvertently creep into