On 11 November 2011 03:05, David Hollander <dhllndr@gmail.com> wrote:
> Why would I want to compare a table to a string if I've got the tables?

The primary advantage of comparisons using a hash string over a
_VERSION table is it works regardless of whether or not the source of
the module is trusted.

I wasn't talking about your hash string proposal.  I was talking about the OP's proposal with the "001.023.456" thing.  I'm (somewhat) on board with you on the hash string (although hash strings are not at all human-friendly and provide no sequencing.)

--
"Perhaps people don't believe this, but throughout all of the discussions of entering China our focus has really been what's best for the Chinese people. It's not been about our revenue or profit or whatnot."