On 10 November 2011 18:02, Duncan Cross <duncan.cross@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Tables and hashes aren't easily comparable.
> They are if you provide the metatable with comparison operators.

The comparison metamethods are only consulted if both values are of
the same basic type, so even with those you cannot make a table == a
string.

And we're back to the string fetish. Why would I want to compare a table to a string if I've got the tables?  (And, of course, if I absolutely must compare to a string, surely a function to convert from the table to the string could be added…)

--
"Perhaps people don't believe this, but throughout all of the discussions of entering China our focus has really been what's best for the Chinese people. It's not been about our revenue or profit or whatnot."