All,

What are the toolset/libraries available in Lua to write the interpretter in Lua for a Domain Specific Language? Can you point the different way of implementing interpreter like

1. Should I convert the language to Lua byte code convention before execution?
2. The core framework will be written in Lua say for example print "hello" in the domain specific language calls a Lua print or similar function writing in Lua. I am not sure whether to map to lua function or should I generate Lua byte codes.

Looking for general advice, where as I never had experience writing interpretter myself, but this is going to be long term project for us. Any basic/intermediate/advanced tutorials or examples would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Gopalakrishnan