[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- Subject: Writing interpreter in Lua
- From: Gopalakrishnan Subramani <gopalakrishnan.subramani@...>
- Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2011 17:52:32 +0530
What are the toolset/libraries available in Lua to write the interpretter in Lua for a Domain Specific Language? Can you point the different way of implementing interpreter like
1. Should I convert the language to Lua byte code convention before execution?
2. The core framework will be written in Lua say for example print "hello" in the domain specific language calls a Lua print or similar function writing in Lua. I am not sure whether to map to lua function or should I generate Lua byte codes.
Looking for general advice, where as I never had experience writing interpretter myself, but this is going to be long term project for us. Any basic/intermediate/advanced tutorials or examples would be appreciated.