On 10.11.2011 14:49, Elias Barrionovo wrote:

I'm not sure if its the best way, but in Archlinux 'python' is python3
and  'python2' is 2.7.

'python3' is also Python 3. And yes, the way Arch Linux handled the
transition to Python 3 is probably the best reference you have.

In my opinion scripts distributed in packages should always use
a specific version of the interpreter. The level of specificity is the
one at which APIs break, so for Lua 'lua51' or 'lua5.1' should be OK.

I have no idea how you can make the distinction for LUA_PATH / LUA_CPATH
though. This might be a problem.

On a side note, I do not think it is a good idea to make the 'lua'
binary call Lua 5.2 before its final release...

--
Pierre Chapuis