[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- Subject: Re: How can I be sure LuaJIT is working?
- From: "Kevin T. Ryan" <kevin.t.ryan@...>
- Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2011 12:45:53 -0400
> Also have a look at the number of Lua->C and C->Lua calls via the
> classic Lua/C API. These are expensive and neither a C compiler,
> nor a Lua compiler can optimize across the language border. Most
> of the time will be wasted in the API calls.
Just wondering - if someone ran into this do you think it would be
1. Not truly choosing a language to implement the project in (eg., too
much mixing between the 2 languages).
2. Poor implementation (e.g., probably a better way to reduce the
number of API calls).
3. Something else?
Maybe it's problem specific, but I guess I'm just wondering if you
have seen this happen to yourself or someone else and what the root
cause was (and if any generalizations could be made from such