lua-users home
lua-l archive

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]

----- Original Message -----
From: steve donovan
Date: 10/19/2011 7:16 AM
On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 1:52 PM, Mike Pall<>  wrote:
The troublesome part are not the line numbers -- this can be
handled with the existing per-prototype line-number table (LuaJIT
actually compresses this table internally). But you'd really want
to allow multiple source filenames, too. That's where it gets
somewhat expensive.
Ah, right in general we would not have a simple one-to-one file
translation. But a restricted form might still be useful enough to

To implement #line support [1], I went into the Proto struct and embedded a filename index into the top bits of Proto.lineinfo. Then I changed Proto.source to be an array. I didn't keep the code, unfortunately, and I've been kicking myself since.

I do not know LuaJIT's internals as well, so I don't know what it would take over there.

In any case, this is very doable and without much difficulty.


[1] -