On 17 October 2011 00:58, Petite Abeille <petite.abeille@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Oct 17, 2011, at 1:42 AM, Matthew Wild wrote:
>
>>  too many hidden caveats that are waiting to trip up users:
>
> Who are these mythical users who need your active protection from tripping themselves with the treacherous  module?

The mythical users are the ones I regularly mythically help overcome
problems like 'attempt to index global 'table' (a nil value)', who I
then have to describe the hack known as package.seeall, or manually
importing everything they use into locals.

> So, please, lets stop infantilizing these mythical "users". Like with everything else, if you don't understand it, don't use it until you do.

That's an interesting approach... it means most people would never use
module(). I'd bet most people following this thread who have used it
don't even understand what it does fully.

I do understand it, which is why I don't like it.

Regards,
Matthew