On Thu, Oct 13, 2011 at 3:29 AM, Christopher Berardi
<cberardi@natoufa.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 12, 2011 at 12:34:12PM -0400, Stephen Blackwell - Applications Engineering wrote:

>> How do I get a Lua console in Windows? I expected that just typing lua
>> an the command prompt would work but it doesn't.

If you're using the Lua for Windows batteries included edition, it
installs links to launch the Lua and iLua command lines in the Windows
Start Menu. <http://code.google.com/p/luaforwindows/>. Also some links
for other stuff that's installed along with Lua, including a version
of the SciTE test editor configured with optimizations for Lua coding.

I agree that *nix is much more user friendly when it comes to paths
for executables. But you shouldn't need to modify the system's PATH
statement if you start Lua from the Windows Start Menu or from a
desktop shortcut.

After installation, at least on WinXP, if you right click on the Lua
executable shortcut in the Start Menu, you'll see an option to "Pin to
Start Menu". Select that and a copy of the shortcut will then reside
at the top of the Start Menu, saving navigation through the All
Programs menu.

Good Luck.

Paul