On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 1:16 PM, Dimiter "malkia" Stanev
<malkia@gmail.com> wrote:
> Following some note by Mike somewhere in the luajit source code, I've
> actually started using the Windows DDK (not SDK). With it I can compile
> luajit (dll and executable using that dll) which links with MSVCRT.DLL and
> can work back to Windows 2000 (it takes some little tweaking though).

This is very useful work, because mingw64 currently can't be used to
build LuaJIT due to exception handling shortcomings. But depending on
the damn MS compiler-specific run-times leads to a world of hurt,
apart from having to redistribute them to your end users.   When LfW
moves away from the MSVC2005 run-time, it will definitely not be
moving to the MSVC2010 run-time!

(I know people can get a little overexcited on depending on
proprietary compilers, but whatever works...)

steve d.