On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 9:18 AM, Enrico Colombini <erix@erix.it> wrote:
> Last time I looked (2005 version), you couldn't compile to a portabile .exe
> with the Express version, or more exactly you could by getting through
> another large installation (SDK) and a hairy configuration process.

The Platform SDK (which I got to build LuaJIT on my 64-bit windows) is
a hefty download (and you have to pay attention to ensure that you get
the right platform, it ain't obvious) but gives you the real compiler.
That installed easily, and then actually building LuaJIT was just a
matter of opening the VS2010 command prompt and executing a batch
file.  Easier than vanilla Lua, actually.

I'd recommend malkia's binary versions of LuaJIT, because he has got
the built settings right.

steve d.